Re: Slack's book

From: Carl Strohmenger (HSC) (cstrohme@com1.med.usf.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 13 1998 - 11:03:43 PST

Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 14:03:43 -0500 (EST)
From: "Carl Strohmenger (HSC)" <cstrohme@com1.med.usf.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Slack's book

One of those un-enviable moments in life occurred seven years ago. I had
just purchased a new, soft-bound copy of Slack's book, when I received a
flier in the mail from one of those bulk bookclub discounters. They had 13
copies of Slack's book for sale for about $7 each. I thought about buying
them for either re-sale or as gifts, but passed on the opportunity,
thinking that I would NEVER find 13 other people who would want a copy of
the book. I have mentally kicked myself many times since then.

- Carl