Re: silica sand

From: Michael A Sankovich (aquilla2@juno.com)
Date: Wed Jan 28 1998 - 11:58:42 PST

Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 14:58:42 -0500
From: aquilla2@juno.com (Michael A Sankovich)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: silica sand

No matter what kind of sand you get, I recomend putting a few drops of
concentrated muriatic acid (HCL) on a sample and look for a reaction
(foaming). If you get one, DO NOT USE THIS SAND! this indicates the
presense of bicarbinate or limestone. I never take anyones word that the
product is pure unless I test it. There are too many variables in
packaging and handling where impurities can contaminate the product. If
it comes up positive then I use it for to mix with concrete or other
household uses. After all, we aren't dealing with a food product here

Michael Sankovich

"Ashes to ashes, Dust to dust, If the misery don't get you,
 The raspberry julep spring tonic, (with the persimmon sap,) Must!"

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]