Re: Erickson's book

From: koudela@ure.cas.cz
Date: Tue Jan 27 1998 - 23:33:34 PST

Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 07:33:34 +0000
From: koudela@ure.cas.cz
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Erickson's book

Hi Russell (Hansen),

>I've been looking on the web for info on a book 'Plants That Prey'
>by Rick someone (Erickson, Ericka?).

Rica Erickson

>Can anyone give me an overview, if it's considered a good book, and
>how much I should pay for a second hand copy?

Here is the info you can find in the CP book list. I doubt you can
find a copy in a second hand bookstore, anyway if you do succeed,
let the listserv (or me at least) know about it.

Erickson, Rica: "Plants of Prey in Australia".Lamb Publications,
Osborne Park, Perth, 1968. ISBN 0855640995, $16.00, ? cover
(following ed. University of Western Australia Press, Nedlands,
W.A., 1978; 1986?, ?).
Descr.: 94 pp., no photographs but 18 plates (B&W and colour) of
densely illustrated botanical drawings. Index, Bibliography.
Excellent companion to Lowrie's later works. No cultural
information. A book covering all the Australian CP known at the
time.

Hope this helps.

BTW, I still need a help with locating info about the books whose
entries are not complete in the CP book list. The list itself can be
found at http://redtail.unm.edu/cp/cparchive.html#Books.
Alternatively, I can send the most recent version to all interested
parties.

Regards,
  Ivo
* Mgr. Ivo Koudela *