Re: Byblis liniflora "Darwin"

From: ss66428 (ss66428@hongo.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp)
Date: Tue Jan 27 1998 - 22:20:06 PST

Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 15:20:06 +0900
From: ss66428 <ss66428@hongo.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Byblis liniflora "Darwin"

Nigel,

        There certainly is "normal" B.liniflora in Darwin, I saw some myself
there a few years ago (although they were a bit larger - with longer leaves -
and with darker flowers than the ones I had in cultivation). What I was
reffering to in my previous mail was the plant Allen Lowrie discovered and
calls B.sp.aff.liniflora "Darwin" or something like that. I've grown this
form and it is really quite different. I believe Allen may publish it soon
as a subspecies of B.liniflora. Anyways, it is not an easy one to grow and
also sets seeds only when hand-pollinated (and I think it needs the help of a
tuning fork as well).

Best Wishes,

Fernando Rivadavia
Tokyo, Japan