El Ninio,and CP dormancy

From: KILSMOOTH (KILSMOOTH@aol.com)
Date: Sat Jan 24 1998 - 05:40:32 PST

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 08:40:32 EST
From: KILSMOOTH <KILSMOOTH@aol.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: El Ninio,and CP dormancy

Hello list!! Bri here...Well,El Ninio is really screwing things up here in
good old Fl.All of my US. Pings are prolifically flowering....about 3 mos. too
early!!Also,all of my Spring blooming orchids are
blooming...Interesting...I've managed to keep the Sarrs dormant by keeping
them in full shade and keeping the soil drier..I know they have,nt had nearly
enough rest yet...I have lots of S."alba" forms and i'm afraid of them
flowering one day,and freezing the next....Neps are loving it !! All of the
Highlanders and hybrids of highland parentage seem to love the drastic temp.
changes,of course.....Any other growers having this problem??? Enjoy CP!
Brian in Fl. . P.S. I'll have some fresh
P.ionantha and P.Lutea......and P.planifolia seed for trade soon....Any good
Drosera seed going around??Let me know...Bri :)