Byblis liniflora

From: Denis Daly (dalymob@bigpond.com)
Date: Fri Jan 23 1998 - 22:24:14 PST

Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 22:24:14 -0800
From: Denis Daly <dalymob@bigpond.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Byblis liniflora

Hi list

Byblis liniflora is a annual. You must pollinate between flowers
by using a small brush.

Unless the seeds are soaked in gibberellic acid (GA3) germination
will be very poor or could take up to 12 months.

Use 100 g/L strength GA 3. Take 0.2 mL and top up to 20 mL water.
Soak seeds for 24 hours.
Sow on top of seed raising mix. (Fine sand peat.) Water tray.
Humid atmosphere but wit air movement. Prick seedlings out, sow
into coarse sand 75% and peat 25%. Stand in water tray. Do not use
sphagnum on this CP.

I got heaps up this way a few years ago from one plant that arose
from one untreated seed that itself took 12 months to germinate.
(The remaining thousand or so untreated seeds never germinated.)

And then disaster struck:- I gave them away except one plant. It
got eaten off at the base. Now I don't have Byblis liniflora.

Forget the fire, forget the smoke use gibberellic acid. Same
applies for B. gigantea.

Regards

Denis Daly