Sarracenia roots

From: Daniel M. Joel (dmjoel@netvision.net.il)
Date: Mon Jan 12 1998 - 02:04:10 PST

Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 12:04:10 +0200 (IST)
From: dmjoel@netvision.net.il (Daniel M. Joel)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Sarracenia roots

Hi Zachary.

>For those of you that have seen Sarracenia growing in the wild[Carl,
>Tom, Dave, Peter, etc.], can you tell me how often their roots penetrate
>down into the waterline?

A Sarracenia hybrid (probably purpurea X flava) grows on our kitchen
window, now for two years. The pot lies in a big mug that is daily filled
with water. The roots penetrated the water, and seem to develop happily
there (I inspect the roots everyday when adding water).
Is that the sort of relevant experience that you were looking for?

Danny from Israel