Update -- New Year's gift of seed

From: Mellard, David (dam7@cdc.gov)
Date: Thu Jan 08 1998 - 14:50:00 PST

Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 17:50:00 -0500
From: "Mellard, David" <dam7@cdc.gov>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Update -- New Year's gift of seed

It's almost done. Most of the envelopes went out today to people who
requested seed. I'm waiting on a couple of addresses to come in for
the remainder.

I thought it would be fun to let you know what kind of response this
got. I sent out 246 seed packets with each packet hopefully containing
about 50 to 100 seeds. Several people requested large quantities of
certain seed so when it was available, they got it. I estimate that
somewhere between 17,000 to 34,000 seeds went out. Whew!

People from 9 US states and 11 countries are receiving seed. The most
seed went to Daniel Joel because he mentioned the words conversation and
setting up a seed bank in Israel. He got 51 packets and almost 5,000
seed. I'd say Merry Christmas but it probably doesn't work in this
situation <gr> and I can't spell the other one.

I hope you have fun with the seed.

David