Drosera sp.Borneo=sp.8?, need info

From: Sundew Sundew (sundew@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 30 1997 - 15:23:36 PST

Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 15:23:36 PST
From: "Sundew Sundew" <sundew@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Drosera sp.Borneo=sp.8?, need info

Hi list,
I've been growing a plant I received as Drosera sp,Borneo for many years
and would like to know more about it. Its a TINY rosetted plant (3/8"
wide) which bears single flowers less than an inch high. Does anyone
know what this could be? I dont remember where "D.sp.8" was from but if
it was also from Borneo, could this be it? Does anyone know the origin
of this plant? Im also curious to know who was responsible for
numbering species. I remember receiving pricelists from Harold Weiner
in Germany which included sp.8 and other numbered Drosera spp. I
believe he labelled D.slackii as sp.4. :)
Happy New Year
matt