Dosera capensis 'Giant Form'

From: Peter Lowden (peter_lowden@clear.net.nz)
Date: Tue Dec 30 1997 - 12:38:13 PST

Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 09:38:13 +1300
From: "Peter Lowden" <peter_lowden@clear.net.nz>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Dosera capensis 'Giant Form'

I was looking at a containter full of Drosera capensis yesterday, and
noticed that one had fine hair covering the leaves, most noticable around
the growth point, whilst the others did not. I later found out that this
was a plant known as the 'Giant Form', and grows larger than the standard
variety.
Is this a known difference with these plants? I checked my collection, and
none of my plants have the amount of hair around the crown as the one I saw
yesterday.
Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Peter Lowden.