Introduction

From: Jaime Rodriguez (jaime@matnet.com)
Date: Fri Dec 19 1997 - 22:35:11 PST

Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 21:35:11 -0900
From: "Jaime Rodriguez" <jaime@matnet.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Introduction

Hi Folks,

I just saw another new person introduce themselves, and thought I should
do the same. I am new to this list, and have not grown any CP's since I
was a boy, when I had a Venus Fly Trap and a Sarracenia purpurea. I am
just getting back into growing CP's. I plan on having several pinguiculas
and drosera in my bog garden outdoors, and have just received nepenthes
seed from the ICPS seedbank. I only sowed them three days ago, so
nothing yet. I got seed for N. alata Luzon Red Spotted, and N. gracilis.
I sowed them on wet sphagnum inside a baggie. I have them under grow
lights. I have no idea how long it takes for germination, or what kind
of percentage I may get. I am eager for info. This is my first try at
growing CP's from seed.

I am a member of ICPS, the International Aroid Society, NARGS, The Alaska
Rock Garden Society and have a small home based wholesale nursery. I
propagate mostly alpine and hardy perennial species from seed. I have a
growing collection of indoor tropical plants that keep me sane during
Alaska's long, dark winter. I have a passion for cypripediums and
arisaemas. I have already learned alot in the week I have been lurking
here. I look forward to getting to know you, and learning how to keep my
CP's alive and happy.

P.O. Box 871394 / \ /\ / \
Wasilla, Alaska, 99687 / \ / \/ \
USDA Zone 3 & 4 /v^v^v^v\_/v^v^v^v^v^v\