Introduction

From: Stefan Sehnbruch (Stefan.Sehnbruch@t-online.de)
Date: Tue Dec 23 1997 - 09:03:29 PST

Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 18:03:29 +0100
From: Stefan.Sehnbruch@t-online.de (Stefan Sehnbruch)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Introduction

Hello CP-Friends,

As I'm new in this list I'd like to introduce myself:
I'm 23 years old, and I'm growing CPs for about 4 years.
My CP collection includes the following species:
-Dionaea muscipula
-Drosera adelae, aliciae, binata, capensis
-Nepenthes, a hybrid that looks a bit like N. alata
-Pinguicula grandiflora, moranensis, primuliflora, weser(I think it's a
hybrid)
-Sarracenia flava, leucophylla, psittacina, purpurea
-Utricularia lateriflora, sandersonii, vulgaris
Most of the plants I keep behind a large south-sided window, where they
get full sun and where they can feel the seasons by temperature.
The Nepenthes and Utricularia vulgaris grow in a 300 l aquarium which is
filled about 10 cm high with water.

And here is my first question: It is th first year that I keep
Sarracenia flava. Is it normal that the leaves die and dry completely in
fall. My other Sarracenias are still doing well. Must I be concerned
about my S.flava or does it a kind of "winter sleep" like my Sarracenia
psittacina did in the last winter?

Regards

Stefan Sehnbruch
Gelsenkirchen, Germany

--- Experience is quite useful,
--- normally you have it a few seconds after you needed it !