Rooting Hormones

From: John Welsh (jrwelsh@nutecnet.com.br)
Date: Mon Dec 08 1997 - 15:23:07 PST

Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 21:23:07 -0200
From: "John Welsh" <jrwelsh@nutecnet.com.br>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Rooting Hormones

Hi CPer's - and in particular, Micropropagators/Tissue Culturists

I have been carrying out some experiments recently on the multiplication of
VFT's using the recipe recommended in Rick Walker's TC Slideshow (omitting
Casien which I unfortunately don't have). Results have been impressive but
I'm now at a stage where I wish to pass some of the plant material to the
rooting stage. Could anyone advise me on what rooting medium to use? I
assume that I should leave out the 2iP and increase the dosage of NAA to
around 2 or 3 mg/L. Would I be very wrong in this assumption? Would another
rooting hormone give better results than NAA?

To everyone who has noticed my absence during the last 3 - 4 months (I bet
most of you didn't even notice that I was gone!) please contact me again
and I will reply to you ASAP . . . my computer has been very sick of late -
but after replacing the hard disc, 2 modems and several of the
catterpillar-like thingies that live in the back, I'm now back in the land
of the living (minus my address book and any mail received during this
time).

Happy CPing
John Welsh
jrwelsh@nutecnet.com.br