Re: African Expedition, continuation at last!

From: SCHLAUER@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de
Date: Mon Dec 08 1997 - 09:03:35 PST

Date:          Mon, 8 Dec 1997 09:03:35
From: SCHLAUER@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject:       Re: African Expedition, continuation at last!

Dear Fernando,

Thanks for your detailed accounts of your recent expeditions. I
cannot resist commenting some points. Sorry in advance to all who are
bored or upset by this.

> We found N.sanguinea, N.ampullaria, N.gracillima,
> N.macfarlanei, and N.mirabilis.

Where have you been, exactly? If you were in the W highlands, chances
are good that you have seen _N. ramispina_ instead of _N. gracillima_.

> Ironically, the first CP we saw was a small white-flowered
> unidentified terrestrial Utric!

I trust the alcohol material you doubtlessly collected is presently
under study and determination...

> It was growing in a very wet spot by a stream
> together with an unidentified flowerless Utric.

You will certainly be able to determine at least the section to
which it belongs by the traps in your alcohol collections. You did
not travel without Taylor, did you?

Kind regards
Jan