RE: ceph regeneration

From: MARK POGANY (MARKP@CRSCMS.COM)
Date: Wed Dec 03 1997 - 19:42:43 PST

Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 22:42:43 -0500
From: MARK POGANY <MARKP@CRSCMS.COM>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: ceph regeneration

In CP Digest 1285 Mark Bachelor wrote:

One my cephalotus has come back from just the rhizome after the growing
tips
rotted off and the plant was left to dry out. The peat had gone hard
but
rhizome re-sprouted after being soaked

Boy, can I second this motion! In the last 2 years this miracle has
happened with my cephs too! Back in 1996 one of my ceph pots was somehow
misplaced while I was doing some cleanup work around the yard. I later
found it on a shelf in the garage totally dried out and dessicated. I
thought all was lost but at the last minute before pitching it in the
trash decided to soak the pot in water and leave it in open shade
outside. Six weeks later I had not one but two small cephalotus
sprouting away from the medium.

The same type of regeneration occured this past summer after the plants
I received in the mail all died after transplanting. I kept the medium
moist but not sitting in a saucer.

Mark Pogany
Cloudland, Ohio
markp@crscms.com