dreamscape

From: Mellard, David (dam7@cdc.gov)
Date: Tue Dec 02 1997 - 06:11:00 PST

Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 09:11:00 -0500
From: "Mellard, David" <dam7@cdc.gov>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: dreamscape

>Dear Loyd,

> I can visualise them now, rosettes bobbing about on the
> surface of the stream anchored to the stream bed by their
> long fine stems! I would love to see a photo of that.

>Best Wishes,
>Fernando

Now I know who to blame, or rather the two to blame for the nightmare I
had last night. I dreamed that I had escaped some building through a
large drain pipe with a small stream of water flowing from it. As I and
other now obscure humans emerged from the pipe, I looked down and saw
rosettes of bright red, dewy leaves, some submerged in water flowing
gently over them from the drain pipe. The amazing thing was the size.
They were Texas-size droseras. For those not familiar with this US
folklore, everything in Texas is bigger. Then I awoke, thinking, "where
did that come from................"

David