Purp. stolonifera{?}

From: KILSMOOTH@aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 28 1997 - 02:07:42 PST

Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 05:07:42 -0500 (EST)
From: KILSMOOTH@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Purp. stolonifera{?}

Hello all! Bri here,hoping everyone has had a great Thanksgiving.As for me,
i'll be giving thanks for a week with all of these leftovers!!...Geesh!
Hmmm...lets see..Purp.Purp. stolonifera..It's about time someone crossed a
tuberous Drosera with a Sarrr!!:) :) I myself ,being an old timer cp'er have
never seen or heard of this sub-species.However there is a variety of Sarr
called S.Purperea venosa"Louis Burke that i have observed in the Fl.
panhandle,which gets to dynamic proportions if left totally undisturbed. I
have several of these plants that are quite monsterous,with a slightly
pubescent pitcher and deeply veined ala,which i believe could easily hold a
quart of Icehouse!!!In the wild,they are huge ,multi-crowned plants that
never seem to get any dark red coloration...only DEEP purple veining on
green, with wide ala and opening...The flowers are also very big...A
 Sarracenia on steroids maybe???heheheHey!!......Enjoy CP..Brian in Fl. :) :)
:) P.S. Just kidding about the Icehouse...Heliams make better beer
steins!!!!