Re: Heliamphora

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Mon Nov 10 1997 - 17:42:00 PST

Date:    Mon, 10 Nov 97 20:42 EST
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Heliamphora

> From: "Carl Mazur" <ccp@VAXXINE.COM>
>
> growing Heli's. I only have 3 plants, minor, nutans, heterodoxa. They have
-Snip-
> however what should I do with them over the winter. I let my greenhouse
> get down to +2 to +4C, with occasional freezes over January and February.
> Is that OK for the helis, or should I bring them in? Any ideas for a good
> potting mix? I've got them in a loose perlite, long fibr sphagnum, peat
> sand kinda deal right now.

I don't know Heliamphora that well, but I have found that it's hard to
give them too much light. Oh, it would be a really be idea to leave
them out in those temps, they like it warm during the day all year long,
it's the nights that get cold. Too long in the hot or cold range will
kill them.

Dave Evans