Re: Pinguicula macroceras subsp. nortensis

From: SCHLAUER@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de
Date: Thu Oct 09 1997 - 08:16:16 PDT

Date:          Thu, 9 Oct 1997 08:16:16
From: SCHLAUER@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject:       Re: Pinguicula macroceras subsp. nortensis

Dear Adolf,

> Can somebody tell me what is the status of the name
> Pinguicula macroceras subsp. nortensis ?
> Has it ever been validly published?

This is what you could have found out at

http://www.hpl.hp.com/bot/cp_home:

N: +[Pinguicula macroceras {Link} subsp.nortensis {J.Steiger ex
        J.Steiger & H.Rondeau}]
     P: Carniv.Pl.of the W.2:19 (1995)
     T: Del Norte Co., Ca., USA, 1972, J.Steiger s.n. (BERN)
     L: N Ca., Ore., Wash., USA
     XNP: Carniv.Pl.Newsl.4:13 (1975)
     C: type not cited in protologue but definitely designated by
        author (1995, pers. comm.)
     image: pinguicu/sj/7115: multiple views of plant and flowers
        (Gasquet, CA, USA)

The subsp. has been described and published effectively but the type
citation was missing in the protologue, so the name is not entirely
legitimate.

Kind regards
Jan