Deeper Stuff...

From: Paul V. McCullough (pvmcull@voicenet.com)
Date: Tue Oct 07 1997 - 16:46:27 PDT

Date: Tue, 07 Oct 1997 19:46:27 -0400
From: "Paul V. McCullough" <pvmcull@voicenet.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Deeper Stuff...

> Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 16:09:47 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Ecology97@aol.com
> To: Ecology97@aol.com
> Subject: Ecology and Wildlife Preservation
>
> Deeper Ecology: Essays on Ecological Spirituality

O-MY-GOD! The Unibomber's back!!!

But seriously:

    Dr. Cavanaugh, thanks for the fun comments on the above hooey
"Deeper Blah-blah-blah" (Buy me now!!!). Never apologize for stating
your opinion, btw. Oh, I really enjoyed your lighting comments, too.
Glad I don't have to explain the Hertzprung-Russell diagram (astronomy's
gift) and color temps... the term "main-sequence" would crush certain
individuals here. Thanks again for the laughs.

Back to CP:

    My drosera intermedia and rotundifolia have formed winter buds
already. This surprised me as I thought they would need cold temps to
do this... this isn't possible in the Klima-gro. I was going to
transplant them into small pots and store them in the garage for the
winter... but maybe all I'll need to do is keep them in a cool room (We
have a spare room that I could allow to cool into the 50s) by moving the
Klima gro there? I've already reduced watering somewhat and turned down
the light timers to match local sunrise, sunset.

    My VFT traps keep getting redder- pretty interesting since they only
get light from the KG's two 17-watt tubes now. The late afternoon
direct Sun is now shifted south (earth's axial tilt... sigh) of the
living room window. Therefore, I'm now seeing the effects of the KG's
lights only.

    I still haven't done the experiment concerning baking soda treatment
on d. adelae. I've kinda grown attached to the plants I put into dixie
cups. They really seem happy, too. Hate to ruin their day in the name
of science. (or alchemy)

    My wife got a yellow jacket sting on Sunday (little @%$!@#)- he
became instant VFT dinner. Also, another fly fell for the old "turn out
all the lights and open the Klima gro door"... in he sailed and within
an hour, he was VFT take-out, too!

Cheers,
Paul

--