CP Dormancy

From: Richard Howard (Richard.Howard@virgin.net)
Date: Fri Dec 27 1996 - 16:35:43 PST

Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 00:35:43 -0000
From: "Richard Howard" <Richard.Howard@virgin.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: CP Dormancy

ok... this is my first year of growing CP, and now that it is approaching
autumn, and winter, I need to start considering the dormancy period that my
CP's will go through.
My collection is really small at the moment, consisting of 4 VFT's, 2
Droseras, and 2 Sarracenias. My question is this:

I have read that the VFT's will actually lose all of their traps, and end
up as just a 'bulb'. Is this true? What is the best way to prepare it for
winter?

Do any other CP's exhibit this behaviour (of losing leaves??) What should I
do to prepare my CP's for winter (being as I currently grow them indoors,
in a terrarium).

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Richard Howard