RE: CPs in Washington State

From: Susan Lindstedt (susanli@ucinet.com)
Date: Sun Oct 05 1997 - 21:24:35 PDT

Date: Sun, 5 Oct 1997 21:24:35 -0700
From: Susan Lindstedt <susanli@ucinet.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: CPs in Washington State

John Morris asks:
I've posted messages in the past abt the NEAREST place for me to see
CP growing in the wild. I live in Hannibal Mo and most said the
=3D46lorida panhandle area.
I have a brother who lives near Tacoma Washington who I will be
visiting soon. Does anyone know if any CP are growing wild in that
area?
I know that Cobra plants (darlingtonia?) grow out west.... what abt
that area or in Oregon maybe?
------------------------------
Hi John , Hitchcocks flora of the Pacific Northwest includes the =
following species for Washington state:
Drosera angelica(syn=3Dlongifolia)
Drosera rotundifolia
Pinguicula vulgaris
Utricularia vulgaris
Utricularia minor
Utricularia intermedia

All of these except the last 2 species are distributed throughout the =
state in their appropriate habitats. Hitchcock dosnt include =
distributional information for U.minor and U.intermedia.
Hitchcock says Darlingtonia dosnt occur in Washington. (Take a side trip =
to the Southern Oregon Coast for Darlingtonia) =20
Hope this helps , Susan Lindstedt, LaGrande, Or =20