Encephilitides

From: Matt (drake@erols.com)
Date: Wed Sep 24 1997 - 07:28:55 PDT

Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 14:28:55 +0000
From: Matt <drake@erols.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Encephilitides

Hmm, strange that according to some people Encephilitides is nearly
impossible to get, YET 2 people on the CP-List know people who have
gotten it before. Apparently it isn't quite as rare as many would
think.
Supposedly this year is a bad season for the disease. Furthermore,
mosquitos THRIVE in the swamps, etc. that people looking for CP would
go tramping through. The reason that not ALOT of people are infected
is because few people go walking through swamps where mosquitos are
abundant. Entering a swamp and looking for CP most likely HIGHLY
increases your chances of contracting Encephilitides.
My posting was to warn somebody who said that they were interested in
going to Florida about Encephilitides. The amount of insult and being
the target of jokes that I have gotten in return on the list seems a
little uncalled for, when my original intentions were to inform
somebody of the risks, not to sabotage the Flordia tourist industry as
some on the list seem to think.

Also on a lighter note, Tom in Fl, I wonder if I should take the
advice of a guy who continues to live in a house repeatedly struck by
lightning? :)