Re.VTF curiosities

From: Necropsy69@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 23 1997 - 13:31:17 PDT

Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 16:31:17 -0400 (EDT)
From: Necropsy69@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re.VTF curiosities

Hey, Matt, how are you doing? VFTs also need a 3-5 month dormancy. You can
keep them with the neps during the growing season, but when you see little
traps on the tips of the large leaves, that is a sign that the plant is
entering dormancy. If the temperature where you live does not get extremely
low, you can just rap the plants in sphagnum moss, and place them in a bag
outside during the winter. If not, rap them in sphagnum, put 'em in a bag,
and stick 'em in the fridge.(That's what I do, since you can never control
the outside temperature) Make sure not to wet the sphagnum too much. That can
cause fungal growth over a long period of time in the fridge. Once it is time
to start growing them again,carefully remove the plants from their bag, and
place them in a pot, and so. I'm sure you know the rest. Enjoy the VFTs and
good luck to ya.

Behrad(Carbuncle3, Necropsy69@aol.com