Greenhouse heating advice

From: MARK POGANY (MARKP@CRSCMS.COM)
Date: Sun Sep 21 1997 - 18:57:58 PDT

Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 21:57:58 -0400
From: MARK POGANY <MARKP@CRSCMS.COM>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Greenhouse heating advice

The greenhouse that I have been working on these past few months is
almost finished. It is a 10'x12' wooden structure and already has gas
and electrical lines installed. This leads me to my question.

Are there any growers out there that use a small gas furnace to heat
their "small greenhouses"? I would like to find out what make of
furnaces in the 20,000 BTU output range are available and where to
obtain them. I live in Ohio (specifically- Cleveland). Also I plan on
keeping my 10'x12' greenhouse at around a 40f minimum in the dead of
winter. This WILL NOT be a Nepenthes rich evironment- just a place to
keep my temperate and sub-tropical CP's.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Crossing oak trees with red VFT dentates,

Mark Pogany
markp@crscms.com