Re: CP TC media problems

From: nepenth@pc.jaring.my
Date: Fri Sep 19 1997 - 09:01:54 PDT

Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 00:01:54 +0800 (MYT)
From: nepenth@pc.jaring.my
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: CP TC media problems

Carl Mazur wrote:

>The last 3 batches of media I have made have had the consistancy
>of runny pea soup when cooled.

Perhaps your agar did not dissolve completely. Try boiling it a
little longer until you are sure that the solution is
homogeneous. Six grams of Agar per liter should be plenty.

> The other times, I made it 500ml batches, no problem, the last
>3 batches were 1 litre batches.

The smaller batches probably heated up and dissolved much more
quickly. Take your time with the 1L batch - don't be too worried
about overcooking it.

Ch'ien