Problems FTP-ing RO/distillation links

From: Gordon Wells (wells@iri.upc.es)
Date: Fri Sep 05 1997 - 06:42:24 PDT

Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 15:42:24 +0200
From: Gordon Wells <wells@iri.upc.es>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Problems FTP-ing RO/distillation links

Yesterday I posted a link to a file I compiled of
reverse osmosis and distillation links. Since then, I've
noticed that several of you have attempted to retrieve
it unsuccessfully, the reason being that you haven't
set the anonymous password option correctly in your
browsers or mail programs.

Anonymous login on our server requires that your full
e-mail address be given as the password (it's a
security measure). To do this automatically from a
browser, you need to set an option in the browser.
In Netscape, for example, pull down the "Options"
menu, choose the "Network preferences" option, and
in the section called "Protocols" activate the button
that says "Send e-mail address as anonymous FTP password".
In other browsers, you'll have to look for a similar
option somewhere. And if all else fails, wait a few
weeks and I'll try to have the links posted on our
WWW server or (hopefully) in the CP archives.

Once again, the links are at: ftp://debussy.upc.es/cp/ro.html

Best regards,

Gordon
Gordon Wells
Instituto de Robotica e Informatica Industrial
Edificio Nexus, planta 2
Gran Capitan 2-4 Tel: (343) 401-5805
Barcelona E-08034 Fax: (343) 401-5750
SPAIN e-mail: gwells@iri.upc.es