Insect soup?

From: Matt (drake@erols.com)
Date: Thu Sep 04 1997 - 05:59:55 PDT

Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 12:59:55 +0000
From: Matt <drake@erols.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Insect soup?

I read in a past issue of the CP digest that someone suggested feeding
VFTs crushed protein tablets. I wonder what exactly VFTs and other CP
digest and intake; I would think more than just protein....
Perhaps with the right food, natural or artificial, it would be
possible to grow *gigantic monstrous* VFTs and other CP. This may
seem like a highly technical question, but hopefully somebody on the
list knows what exactly VFTs and other CP digest? Protein, calcium,
nutrients, vitamins, and what kinds, etc.?
If this information exists, then it should be possible to make a
coctail of sorts or a soup to feed to VFTs and other CP. Insects or
insect parts (organs, tissue, shell, etc. depending on what nutrient
they provide), human nutritional supplements (like the protein
tablets), and whatever other ingredients could be mixed together into
a *superfood* for VFTs and other CP, which in combination with
Superthrive, lots of sun and right amounts of good water and optimum
PH, could produce plants of previously unseen sizes.