RE: Should I mist or not?

From: Mellard, David (dam7@cdc.gov)
Date: Tue Sep 02 1997 - 09:04:00 PDT

Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 12:04:00 -0400
From: "Mellard, David" <dam7@cdc.gov>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Should I mist or not?

>From: P Mui

>My question is: Should I mist the Neps., Sarr. and Darlingtonia. If so
=
>to what extent? once a day, once a week? And if I should mist them, =
>should I use rain water or distilled water?

Hi P Mui and welcome to the list. Discussions have been lively lately.

I do not mist my Sarracenia, which grow wonderfully in outdoor bogs. My
guess is that it's not necessary to mist them indoors although others on
the list who grow indoors will have a more experienced response. I have
grown seedlings indoors under fluorescent lights without misting and
have had not problems. The humidity indoors is kept around 60% with
mist humidifiers.

David