Re:tim

From: Randall Palmer (sfdzeqe0@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us)
Date: Wed Aug 20 1997 - 10:53:40 PDT

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 13:53:40 -0400 (EDT)
From: Randall Palmer <sfdzeqe0@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re:tim

        The S. Leuco in the back yard, is growing in 1/3 dirt 1/3 Canadian
peat 1/3 sand. In a 6 inch pot, a pie pan on the bottom where you put the
water, Pitcher plants don't like their trumpets watered, (fill the pan up,
let the water almost dry out and then fill it again. The next bit of
wisdom, is some thing I am just learning, put some baking soda around the
plant now, and every time it starts to turn orange. The talk
about a plant will only grow in local soil/peat, has now got something to
modify the locality. The condition of my Leuco is, it is growing new fall
Pitchers that have real red veins.

Randy Palmer
sfdzeqe0@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us