Re: Traps

From: BREWER__CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
Date: Wed Aug 20 1997 - 10:41:45 PDT

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 13:41:45 -0400
From: BREWER__CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Traps

      I would consider non trapping VFT traps a dead issue. If they are not
     able to function, they are not able to absorb nutrient. I used to take
     all used traps, that were still green, and remove them from the main
     plant as cuttings. I would place these cuttings in an aquarium full of
     live sphagnum moss. Before long I would have lots of new VFTs to
     plant. I used this method to the point that I have so many vfts
     growing every where, I had to quit doing it. It's a real good way to
     increase your VFT collection without spending money.
                                Charles
                              Va. Beach, Va.

For traps on VFT that refuse to close after being used so many times,
do the traps still have the ability to absorb nutrients if they are
open and not closed? If I put insect insides on the open trap, will
the trap absorb nutrients even if open? Thanks