Darlingtonia

From: James Tovee (106361.2125@compuserve.com)
Date: Thu Jul 31 1997 - 11:49:39 PDT

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 14:49:39 -0400
From: James Tovee <106361.2125@compuserve.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Darlingtonia

        I bought a pitcher, VFT and darlingtonia in test tubes. They have=

all grown to maturity. The darlingtonia split into three plants. I though=
it may help some people to know that the darlingtonia have been treated a=
a sarracenia.They are put in the same compost and kept in the same
conditions. There has been no attemp to keep the roots cool. The plants
have grown and produce many flowers and runners. I have grown cuttings fr=
om
the runner stems in normal compost and in live sphagnum moss. The cutting=
in the moss were much slower in their development. I am now trying a matu=
re
plant in the sphagnum moss. I am only using the moss because there is so
much said about its virtues for darlingtonia. I have not yet seen any
advantage in it use.

        Jim Tovee =