Re: Darlingtonia

From: Ron Schlosser (rons@earthworld.com)
Date: Wed Apr 02 1997 - 21:51:26 PST

Date: Wed, 02 Apr 1997 21:51:26 -0800
From: Ron Schlosser <rons@earthworld.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Darlingtonia

On 02-Apr-97, Sara A. Gardner wrote:
>Hello again, CPers. I have been off-list for about
>two months due to my husband's diagnosis of lung cancer
>and subsequent surgery (he is doing well now, but very
>weak). (EDITORIAL COMMENT: IF YOU ARE STILL SMOKING,
>COME VISIT US AND SEE WHAT CAN HAPPEN. YOU WILL QUIT
>IMMEDIATELY.)

>I know that I have missed a lot of cp talk. I have a
>dish of darlintonia seedlings coming up in damp moss
>in my greenhouse. Can anyone suggest how to take care of
>them? My initial attempt a year ago met with failure.

>Thanks.

>Sara in Grants Pass, Oregon

Sara, I would suggest keeping the moss moist at all times, the seedlings of
Darlingtonia that I have grown in the past seem to like that. I sowed some
seed in '95 and now they are getting large enough to transplant. I hope they
will make it as they are from some known sources.

I am wondering where you got your seed. Was it from some plants that you
have? The reason I am asking is that all of my Darlingtonia plants have come
from 1 plant I bought about 15 years ago and I'd like to obtain plants from a
known location if possible.

Ron in Oregon City