Re: Nepenthes

From: John Walker (jorwa@syspac.com)
Date: Thu Jul 31 1997 - 08:36:35 PDT

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 08:36:35 -0700 (MST)
From: John Walker <jorwa@syspac.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Nepenthes

At 06:04 PM 7/30/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Ummm, I'm kind of new to Nepenthes so this may seem like a stupid question
>but here goes.... Do nepenthes need to be wintered? The reason I'm asking
>is because I have a Nepenthes Gracilis and its doing wonderfully. I was
>wondering if I could put it in a hanging basket and let it grow in my
>living room all year round.
>
>Thanks in advance for the info.
>+Michael

Michael,

I don't claim to be an expert, but I don't "winter" my Nepenthese other than
to reduce the photo period a couple hours a day. Even this may not be
necessary for the Nepenthese, but my other plants in the terrarium like the
reduced light during Winter.

 I only grow lowlanders so this may not apply to the highland species.

Hope this helps,
John in Phoenix