Re: California Carnivores news article.

From: Ken Cusson (kenc@salinas.net)
Date: Thu Jul 10 1997 - 09:22:24 PDT

Date: Thu, 10 Jul 97 08:22:24 -0800
From: Ken Cusson <kenc@salinas.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: California Carnivores news article.

Jeff Stein, Your question was:

>Low and behold my local paper (The Lansing State Journlal) picked up an
>associated press article on California Carnivores this morning. It had a
>color picture and everything! The article was rather low-key science-wise
>but will hopefully it will insight a local surge of interest in CP. I'm
>planning on calling them up and informing them about the local university
>collection, maybe someone will take interest.
>

>BTW, does California Carnivores REALLY have the country's largest
>collection of CP?
If you haven't visited CC, you are in for a real treat ... it is like
going to CP heaven! Some of the most incredible plants you will ever see
are there PLUS always a willingness to "show-off" their latest discovery
or "experiment" ... I still find it hard to believe that they can get so
many plants into such a small greenhouse - but they really do. It is
truly the "Greenhouse from Hell" for bugs!!

KenC