Dying Flower Scapes

From: Pavlo2@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 26 1997 - 10:42:31 PDT

Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 13:42:31 -0400 (EDT)
From: Pavlo2@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Dying Flower Scapes

About a month ago, I separated a cluster of 4 D. intermedia into 2 groups of
2. And, at that time, I was unaware of the fact that they were about to send
up flower scapes. So, in a couple days, their flowering was evident. Each
plant put up about 2... but after they uncoiled to about 2 inches, the tops
turned brown and died! Not one flowered. I was wondering if this was
because of the repotting? They have now sent up another round and these are
looking better. One, in fact, has uncoiled to the flowers (about 5 inches)
and will probably be fully open in a week. The others seem to be taking the
same course as the first batch. We'll see.

Ryan Pavlovicz
Pavlo2@aol.com