outside Nepenthes

From: Robert Hood (CP-MAN@msn.com)
Date: Fri Jun 13 1997 - 12:01:48 PDT

Date: Fri, 13 Jun 97 19:01:48 UT
From: "Robert Hood" <CP-MAN@msn.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: outside Nepenthes

Hi, well it's that time of year again where I can move my lowland Nepenthes
outside. The humidity is on average 80-90 %, sometimes more. I live where it
is almost sea level so we get
nice temperatures for lowlanders. I do not remember if I said this or not
already, I know I told a few people, but a few months ago I got Heliamphora
seeds (thanks Eric) and I received so many that I placed some outside to see
what would happen (in my vegatable and fruit garden).
Well, sure enough after I forgot about then for awhile, I suddenly remembered
and went to check on the. I saw little Heliamphora seedlings. They are doing
great and don't get any care. I am scarred to do anything because when I
noticed my Drosophyllum I payed attention to it and it died. Maybe after many
years these plants will reproduce and after even a longer period of time
Heliamphora will grow here naturally.

                  Happy cping,
                   Robert

P.S. Some of my Cephalotus seed have germinated. I have never grown this
species from
seed before. Any suggestions?