Drosera Capillaris ready to bloom!

From: Paul V. McCullough (pvmcull@voicenet.com)
Date: Sun Jun 08 1997 - 20:32:34 PDT

Date: Sun, 08 Jun 1997 23:32:34 -0400
From: "Paul V. McCullough" <pvmcull@voicenet.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Drosera Capillaris ready to bloom!

  Okay, looks as though the d. capillaris is ready to open it's first
flower! Partial petals peeking through (I'd never say that in real
life... especially after a beer or three) look to be an incredibly hot
pink!
  Meanwhile, d. adelae is still shooting off fireworks of fabulous
flowers (and I wouldn't ever say that either...) on long pretty
streamers. Does adelae ever stop blooming? There are tons of new
flowers emerging.
  Would it be a waste of time to try to cross the adelae and
capillaris? Is capillaris self pollinating? Two adjacent caps will be
flowering at the same time... if I cross the two, will I get more seed
then if I let them self pollinate? (Assuming that they do self
pollinate...) I have a feeling that the adelae isn't self pollinating,
or if it is, that it doesn't produce much seed... anyone ever get seed
from adelae?
  Can't wait to see the capillaris in full bloom!

Cheers,
Paul

--
Paul V. McCullough