Various

From: Ide Laurent (ide@arcadis.be)
Date: Sun Jun 08 1997 - 10:19:25 PDT

Date: Sun, 08 Jun 1997 18:19:25 +0100
From: Ide Laurent <ide@arcadis.be>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Various

Chemical and CPs

I use Pyrethrin to destroy pests with good results and no ill effects (as I
can see) on VFTs and Sarrs. Others plants have never been contaminated (some
little snails eat sometimes my doseras)

I've boosted my rescued Cephalotus with a drop of pure orchid fertlizer in its
pitcher... Now the plant is fine, grows well. I'll wait next 'failure' and
retry to see if this fertilizer is efficient, because now the plant takes his
benefit from the new mix too... In anyway, no ill effect again.

That was right for the droseras : after flowering, the traps restart to grow.

For the ping's flowers : each plant I own drags at least one flower per
rosette, they always appear from the center. But sometimes, you don't see the
stalk coming, and a leaf cover it, so the flower seem issuing laterally...
Plant in good health never stop to flower all the season, here in Belgium
(20-25 C, 50 % humidity) they don't need any special installation to be fine.
Beware for the direct sun light.

My Drosera adelae grow in the same conditions ; it's a mother plant I've split
in seven. Curiously, the oldest rosettes seem to have suffered from this
repotting, but the young ones were really boosted. They're dewy. When a prey
is caught, the tentacles are moving, even for little ones. In the same range
of observation, it's still funny to see how the ping leaves are moving to
improve the digestion of the insects.

See you all

Laurent