Re: Purchasing fluorescent lights

From: Stephanie Changaris (changris@netcom.com)
Date: Sat Jun 07 1997 - 23:05:24 PDT

Date: Sat, 7 Jun 1997 23:05:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: Stephanie Changaris <changris@netcom.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Purchasing fluorescent lights

On Sat, 7 Jun 1997 you wrote:

> Does anybody know if 36" flourescent shop lights are available anywhere?
> and if so where?
> Thanks so much!
> Mike

Go with 48" if you can!

I chose a 36" terrarium because I liked the scale of it in my living room.
Now I regret that decision because of the lighting issue.

I couldn't find 36" shoplights and so had to spend lots more for 36"
aquarium lights. The 36" tubes are also more expensive and harder to find
than 48s. I'd like to use grow lights in one of the fixtures but 36s are
available only occasionally in my hardware store. The indoor gardening
places will special order but require that I buy a case!

If I had it to do over, I'd buy my lighting first (48s!) and then fit
everything else to it.

Stephanie Changaris
San Rafael CA