Re: Reverse Osmosis unit

From: James Aldridge (jaldr@onramp.net)
Date: Sat Jun 07 1997 - 19:50:38 PDT

Date: Sun, 08 Jun 1997 02:50:38 GMT
From: jaldr@onramp.net (James Aldridge)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Reverse Osmosis unit

>I found the unit paid for itself within the first few months. I was =
easily
>using five gallons of distilled water per day, which got awfully =
expensive.

The units I've looked at have sediment and carbon pre-filters, the RO =
filter,
and then a carbon "finish" filter. All of these filters have to be =
changed on a
regular basis, and for most people, the water costs money.=20

Have you estimated these costs compared to the cost of buying bulk =
distilled
water?

I suspect the RO unit is still a good deal, but the water's not free =
either way.

Jim

James Aldridge - Fort Worth, Texas, USA
jaldr@onramp.net or aldrjame@tenet.edu