Mystery Solved!?!

From: JEFFREY WELCH (WELCH.JEFFREY@EPAMAIL.EPA.GOV)
Date: Thu Jun 05 1997 - 07:30:00 PDT

Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 10:30:00 -0400
From: JEFFREY WELCH <WELCH.JEFFREY@EPAMAIL.EPA.GOV>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Mystery Solved!?!

Hi Folks,

At the Atlanta ICPS meeting we had an excellent talk by Mike Rinck of
Agristarts3 on commercial tissue culture propagation of CP. It appears
that they are a major supplier of CP in the USA, but do not sell directly to
Lowes, Home Depot, etc., but rather to businesses that pot up their
plants from resale.

While I do not attribute all CP in stores to them, it appears that they are
the original source for many of the US$3 CP we are now seeing in the
stores.

Take care!

Jeff