rooted Nep. cuttings

From: Perry Malouf (pmalouf@access.digex.net)
Date: Thu Jun 05 1997 - 04:31:01 PDT

Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 07:31:01 -0400 (EDT)
From: Perry Malouf <pmalouf@access.digex.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: rooted Nep. cuttings

Dave Evans wrote:

> ...the size (a couple mm.) of the roots on this cutting are
> on the small side, (what I would sell and have been sold as rooted
> cuttings are a couple cm. long)...
> ...I used to be worried about how established a Nepenthes was before
> mailing, but then came to realize the more roots a cuttings has, the
> more to damage on the way through the mail....

Well, it depends on how they're packed :-)

I guess it's a matter of preference. I don't sell rooted cuttings--
I give them away, only charging a couple of bucks for Priority Mail
and a box. So the people who get them don't have much to complain
about. But, everyone who's received rooted Nepenthes cuttings
(read as established plant") from me has had wonderful things to say
about them. Most everyone has been quite pleased.

Regards,

Perry