Hybrids

From: Ide Laurent (ide@arcadis.be)
Date: Tue May 20 1997 - 14:15:57 PDT

Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 22:15:57 +0100
From: Ide Laurent <ide@arcadis.be>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Hybrids

Hi all

Just to had my two cents

I don't like hybridization. I think the CP are so various and interesting in
their natural form, that they didn't need any human modification to be
impressive. Natural hybrids are for me more interesting, they represent a
natural evolution. I love to have THE plant living in the wild.

Now, I fully understand the pleasure to create new species, but I think about
the 600 natural forms and dream about a complete collection of these ! Will
there be any space for artificial hybrids after that ?

It's simply another vision of CP collecting, the geographic origin of the
plants interests me and I want 'the original'...

Don't crucify me for this

Laurent

Thanks for the answers concerning burkei or ventrata