Atlanta conference

From: sfarrington@ridgway.mobot.org
Date: Mon May 19 1997 - 04:12:40 PDT

Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 11:12:40 +0000
From: sfarrington@ridgway.mobot.org
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Atlanta conference

Great conference! Perry gave a good summary, but he must have missed
the last few good presentations, including a talk about mites
and flies of pitcher plants (Rob Naczi) and a talk concerning the
genetics of Sarracenia concerning color (Phil Sheridan). Second to
last was a presentation called "Carniverous Plants in the Classroom"
given by Michael Szeeze. He has
great ideas for involving kids and has a wonderful teacher's book
available for purchase. Lastly, we saw a great video called
"Deathtraps and Lifelines" by Thomas Carow of Germany. All in all a
very informative conference... wish I could have gone on the field
trip. Oh well.

I enjoyed meeting so many wonderful people, and certainly came away
from the conference with lots of ideas to
improve our cp display at the Missouri Botanical Garden... Atlanta
has a wonderful display, and I can only hope ours can be as nice
someday!

Susan Farrington