Re: sarracenia minor

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Wed Apr 23 1997 - 17:47:00 PDT

Date:    Wed, 23 Apr 97 20:47 EDT
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: sarracenia minor

> From: LEE FOSTER <lfoster@SPYDER.NET>
>
> I just bought a sarracenia minor from home depot. I has a large flower
> and I was wondering if they are able to pollinate themselves?

No, they are self-fertile. This means the pollen will work,
but you must do the job and move it from where it falls to from
the anthers, to the stigmas (five pointy things facing inward on
the style higher up where the pollen can not fall on to). Do
this several times over the life of the flower, about a week.

Dave EVans