Aldrovanda cultivation and Tetra Blackwater Extract

From: Pnsamm@aol.com
Date: Tue Apr 22 1997 - 03:20:06 PDT

Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 06:20:06 -0400 (EDT)
From: Pnsamm@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Aldrovanda cultivation and Tetra Blackwater Extract

Hello CP growers,
I would like to greet you with a question. I am growing Aldrovanda in water
that has been steeped in milled peat moss. The plant is growing quite well,
but I am wondering if Tetra's Blackwater Extract might acidify the water just
as well. I have heard rumors to this effect. Since I change the plant's
water every couple of weeks, due to algae growth, I'm wondering if a few
drops of Blackwater Extract might be a more efficient alternative to
continuous peat infussions. My question, then, is to inquire whether anyone
has experimented with Blackwater Extract as a growing medium additive for
Aldrovanda? Blackwater Extract, according to the ingredients, contains
vitamins, and for this reason I am reluctant to experiment with my plant.
 Has anyone tread this path before me? Has anyone other Aldrovanda growing
suggestions with respect to medium?

Thanks,
Peter