Re: Sarracenia outdoors?

From: Håkan Murevärn (murevarn@algonet.se)
Date: Sat Apr 20 1996 - 08:35:13 PDT

Date: Sat, 20 Apr 1996 17:35:13 +0200
From: "Håkan Murevärn" <murevarn@algonet.se>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Sarracenia outdoors?

>wonder: Is the humidity sufficiently high in my climate (I live in
>Denmark). How are the experiences of other people growing Sarracenias in a
>temperate climates? Can I do something to raise the humidity level other
>than covering them with glass or plastic? Thanks in advance.

I have cultivated Sarracenia outdoors during summer here in the middle of
Sweden.
I think there are a little to cold and dry to get the best growing. There
is a botanical garden in the south of sweden growing at least Sarracenia
purpurea all year round.

When I have been in Denmark it has always been higher humidity in the air.
I think it is beacause you have the sea all around you in Denmark. So I
think you have a great chance growing these plants outdoors.

Haakan Murevaern
http://www.algonet.se/~murevarn