Medium

From: john e. cavanaugh (jcavanau@indyunix.iupui.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 31 1997 - 14:36:46 PST

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 17:36:46 -0500 (EST)
From: jcavanau@indyunix.iupui.edu (john e. cavanaugh)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Medium

To anyone in particular,
        I have seen the terms "nepenthes medium", etc, used here and I'm
not certain what that means. Both Petropaulos and Schwartz (my two shelf
references) advise live sphagnum for nearly everything but Drosophylum. As
I am having a little difficulty with my young neps, and with my older nep
growing like gangbusters but producing no pitchers, I wonder if I might
have too much moisture. I currently have them in a mixture of milled
peat:sand:vermiculite of 2:1:1, over styrafoam "peanuts", with live
sphagnum on top. These are sthen suspended above water in a terrerium and
misted daily with R/O water and monthly with plant food diluted 1:10 from
the concentration on the lable.