re: idiotic comments on a public board...

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Fri Mar 28 1997 - 14:12:00 PST

Date:    Fri, 28 Mar 97 17:12 EST
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: re: idiotic comments on a public board...

>end up the same way unless some Nigger shoots me.

dave...
does a bullet shot from a gun held by a black cause more damage than
a bullet from a gun held by someone else? despite your mea culpa in later
transmissions, do you think a race-neutral reference to "anti-social"
people would have been the best way to go? the very fact that you use a
term often directed at blacks as a term that is easily transferable to
cover "bad" people of all races is racist in and of itself.

*****
(REPLY: uh, I don't follow this reasonning, please feel free to
explain or flame me again at the address below. I don't even
"beleive" in races, so you'll have keep that in mind when thinking
about what I wrote. I don't know whether Biggie Smalls was a nigger
or not, but whoever did it is.)
*****

save the racist smack for private emails and your skinhead meetings and
keep it off the public user groups.

REPLY:

  I got a similar mailing from Ken Cusson asking why I've, "... fallen
into the gutter?", just to let you all know that he is concerned
as well.

    I'll repeat, this was not supposed to go to anywhere besides
to a friend's PC. I know this is not right for public transmission.
Also, I am often greeted with, "Yo, what's up nigga (or nigger)"
by some both Blacks and Whites who know me well. As I understand it,
"nigga" mean your homeboy or friend, while "nigger" would often refer
to someone you dislike, or in general anyone who's too busy being a
drug addict to be worth a damn. These are how the words are used.
I didn't make up these meanings but that's how some of the people I
am friends with talk, and Tom Hayes is also familar w/ the local(?)
"definitions." When a friend greets me with "nigger,"it's a joke of
course, but at the same time the words starts to stick in your
volcabulary. I sure do hope they aren't joking when I'm called
"nigga" though. :-Q) Anyone still think this worth being upset about?

Direct flames to: T442119@rutadmin.rutgers.edu

Dave Evans